3-Way Control Chart

Go to solution Solved by John Cox,

• Seeq Team

Hello Dan,

The 3-way control chart could be done a few ways in Seeq. Depending on your level of interest, we would be happy to discuss options with you. 

One approach would be to create an add-on which would provide a nice user interface and user selectable parameters, directly in Workbench. If by chance you haven't already used add-ons, here is a link showing a few examples: Seeq Add-on Gallery

Another possibility is we have a "Boxplot" plug-in for Seeq (an example visual shown below), which again would be accessed directly from within Workbench. This integrates nicely with recurring time periods or with any condition you define in Seeq Workbench, for defining the time periods for statistical aggregation. 

image.png

Hi John, thank you for such a quick response!.  Yes, I'd like to talk in more detail.  I'm including a link to the statistical formulas used to calculate the control limits for the 3 charts used to create the display.  https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/index.shtml#page/jmp/statistical-details-for-three-way-control-charts.shtml. The box-plot plug in looks really useful.  How should we proceed?  Thanks again, Dan.

• Seeq Team
  • Solution

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for the additional information. 

The bottom 2 plots you show can be done with Formulas in Seeq Workbench. There is a great post here with additional information that might be useful for creating the formulas, if you haven't seen it: Creating a Control Chart in Seeq

The top plot you show can't be done directly in Seeq Workbench, but you could certainly do this with Seeq Data Lab, which with additional development could be turned into a full add-on, and this approach also gives the possibility of pushing the Data Lab visuals/charts to a Seeq Organizer for reporting and monitoring. We have documentation on add-on development here and the Seeq Data Lab AI Assistant can be very helpful in this regard. For the possibility of more advanced options (using the boxplot plug-in mentioned above) and "early development" add-ons that might also help, I'd recommend reaching out to your Seeq account team (let me know if you need help contacting them).