One shared y-axis for multiple signals in XY plot

Go to solution Solved by Asif Hassan,

Hello.

I am trying to create a historic visualization for the daily average values of a "signal Y" compared to another "signal X", which compares their relationship for the current year together with the past 5 years. This is done with a XY plot, and since the two signals are 90° out of phase, it creates a nice circular pattern.

My first execution of the XY plot simply plots the signal over five years and uses a yearly condition to separate the colors of the different years. With the signals anonymized it looks like this:

XYplotNoissue.png.08fcb3f65849d3160ed7d26e158fb8c4.png

However, I would like to differentiate each year with a different marker, to more easily distinguish between them. My idea to accomplish this was to shift forward the signals year by year with the .move() formula and then display them only for the current year. This creates 6 signals ranging from the current year to -5 years in the past. With these separate signals its possible to plot them as multiple signals with different markers, but the problem is that the XY plot does not recognize them as sharing the same y-axis values. The signals are also a bit too translucent, which is not possible to change I belive, instead it's only possible to change the marker size. Currently the XY plot looks like this:

XYplotY-axisissue.png.d434448cb0df976265ac77004150182b.png

Is it possible to address this problem with y-axis and translucent color of the graph? Or is it possible to change the markers of the original XY plot?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Now after posting this thread I saw this post, which specifies "Presently each additional y-axis signal will come with its own axis":

So I assume it will not be possible currently to fix this. However, my second question still holds. Is it possible to change the markers of a signal in any other way than using multiple signals?

Edited by Joel Korpi

• Seeq Team
  • Solution

Hi Joel,

Please see feedback below regarding your query;

1. Each additional y-axis signal will come with it's own axis. It is not currently possible to combine into one y-axis.

2. There is no option to change the translucence of the points (see information on differentiating by colouring) - https://support.seeq.com/kb/latest/cloud/xy-plot#XYPlot-ColoringtheData 

3. There is no option to change the marker type for signals in XY plot. Each additional signal will have it's own marker type (as you have done).

Please reach out if you have any further queries and feel free to raise a support ticket with a support request to help with this in more detail. 

Thank you,
Asif Hassan

Hello Asif,

Thank you for the quick response. I guess my plot with multiple y-axes will have to do for now, but please consider implementing the possibility of a shared y-axis for multiple signals in the XY-plot.

Thank you, 

Joel

• Seeq Team
Posted (edited)

Hi Joel, 

No problem. Regarding the feature request of having a shared y-axis in XY Plot, you can raise a support ticket for this. You can then track the feedback and status of your request. 

Just to add on the topic above, you can adjust the minimum and maximum for each y-axis to ensure the scales align with each other. You can do this by unticking the Auto icon in the details pane and manually entering your desired values for the axis minimum and maximum. See below on where to find in the details pane. Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Asif Hassan 

Axis Alignment.png

Edited by Asif Hassan