Looking to determine the range of a signal (max value - min value) within a capsule, give 1 point only per capsule.

I have a signal as below and have identified a condition which give a regularly-spaced (more or less) capsules as highlighted in the screenshot below. 

I'm looking to determine the range of the signal within the capsule. Each capsule should give 1 point only. 

eg. capsule 1 below should give a range ~=5100

I have used the Signal from Condition, select range as the summary statistic and the condition below as the bounding condition. image.png.1e53dde8260feca50f727cdb38b663ed.png

However, the result is not what i want. Each capsule seems to be giving 3 points. 

Could anyone help? 

• Seeq Team

Hello Jaswin,

You can use the "Signal from Condition" tool to get this sample. The bounding condition is actually the yellow condition in your trend.

image.png

let me know if you can get what you want from it. 

Hi Selmane, 

I have used the signal from condition with the exact setting in your example, and it gives me 3 points per capsule (as shown in the pink trend above). 

Not really sure why

• Seeq Team

What did you use for the last parameter "Select where to place the timestamp of the summary statistic"? Duration choice should give you the below result. Also, make sure that you don't have very small capsules before nd after the big ones. Check your capsules pane.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Selmane

Setting it to 'duration', and my capsules are quite regular in terms of duration, ranging from 25min-35min. Still the result given in pink as below is still seems to be consisted of multiple points. 

image.png.6185b1286db783188429c563256f6bc5.png

• Seeq Team

Jaswin, 

I guess you have 3 capsules back-to-back in your trend so I would join them or ignore the gaps between them to have a single horizontal bar. Can you share here how you created the yellow capsules? I would also recommend you set up an office hours session where you will be able to share your screen. 

Thanks,

--Selmane